Friday, April 5, 2013

noodles with tofu

     I know, I just started this blog. And I remember, too, that I promised to post most, if not all,  of the recipes that husband and I have prepared and drained down into our tummies but renewals and documents kept me busy for a while there. I just hope this time, for real, I have everything in place. And I can give my blog undivided time (like I can. I wish! :-) ). Well, if not, at least more time, much more than I can spare.

     Anyway, I have some drafts to finish and (hopefully again) publish them in the coming days.  This soba with tofu recipe is one of them.  By the time this was cooked and picture was taken, the ingredients were also written into draft, so as not to forget. Just need to fill in the procedure part and some words to start. 
     
     You may notice that this recipe did not use meat. Instead, tofu was used as a substitute. Some of the recipes to come could be fish or seafood based or might not include any in the ingredients, as hubby and I tried to avoid meat during the Lenten Season.




Ingredients:
150 g spring noodles (or any noodles of your choice)
2 blocks tofu, each sliced into four
1 cup bean sprout
1/2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
3-4 pechay leaves, julienned (separate the white fleshy part from the leaves)
1 green onion, sliced diagonally
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 broth cube
2 tablespoons soy sauce
chili flakes (optional)
a dash of pepper, to taste
salt, if needed
oil

Procedure:
Cook the noodles as per package instructions. Drain. Set aside. 
Fry the tofu until crisp. Drain and cut into small cubes. Set aside.
Combine soy sauce and pepper. Grate in or crush in the broth cube with the sauce mixture. Mix and dissolve. Set aside.
Stir fry the onion, chili flakes, carrots and the fleshy part of pechay for about half a minute.
Add the pechay leaves. Stir for a few seconds.
Season with the sauce mixture. Adjust the taste.
Add the noodles. Give it a nice toss to blend well with the vegetables and sauce.
Throw in the bean sprout, green onion and the cubed tofu.
Give another toss and it's ready to serve.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment